Monday, October 3, 2016

Calvin's Love?

Calvin's Love is a fund we decided to start when so many people reached out to us and wanted to do something. There will never be enough words to thank the community and people around the world that helped us through our horrific time. We were sent food, flowers, gifts, books, money, cards, and many prayers. It was really an overwhelming outpour of love. It makes me nauseous to even think back to those days. I decided to start "Calvin's Love Fund" to give back to others. This fund was initially intended for the benefit of my school's staff and students. My school was such an amazing support system, they had set up a meals on wheels for us and we had many visitors. With the fund, I was able to contribute money towards gifts for co-workers celebrating a baby or who were in need in another way. The main thing I used the money on was "Calvin's Buddy Bench" for my Elementary school (I'll talk more about the buddy bench in another post). Once I use all of the money on my school, we will be changing Calvin's Love to more of a broad Foundation to benefit children in our community. Our first mission being "Bibles For Babies" but the possibilities are endless! My mom likes to call Calvin her "tiny mighty missionary," and that is exactly who he is.

Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment