Monday, October 3, 2016

Bibles For Babies

Since Calvin, we have tried turning the situation into a positive and thinking about how we can glorify God through it all. It has not been easy. Will I ever understand why Calvin isn't here with me? No. I can ask that question all day long, and try to figure it out while being emotionally exhausted and unfulfilled, or I can decide to wake up everyday and focus my time and energy on the blessings I do have and how I can honor God.

The day after Calvin was born my mom had this vision of "Bibles For Babies" but never told me about it till a little later, for obvious reasons. She thought there had to be a reason for this, that Calvin's purpose was much bigger. I know everyone hates the expression "Everything happens for a reason." Trust me, I do too. But I believe that when situations occur, you can use them to glorify God and bring people closer to Him. I also know that's hard to understand. I'm not always this positive...it's like a roller coaster. I have good days and bad days, but I always know the truth.

So, this is our vision for Bibles For Babies. We would like every newborn to receive a free children's bible. Of course, EVERY newborn will probably not happen. We want to start local and spread as we can, giving them to hospitals, health clubs, etc. to give to each baby born. After experiencing what we have, we feel that each child is such a miracle. The importance of each child knowing that Jesus loves them is so imperative in this world. Having the word of Jesus in every home, starting at such a young age, would be life changing. I could go on and on about this but will save the details for later! I will be posting the bible that we have already chose, fundraising events, and how you can donate or help us with this mission.

Love,
Jordan

7 comments:

  1. Jordan,
    Being a labor and delivery nurse I think this is a wonderful idea! If you feel like God calls you to do this at Samaritian hospital in Ashland, I will help in any way I can. Thank you for being vulnerable with the world.

    Amelia F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Amelia! I would love to be able to do that once it grows. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Where can we donate to Bibles for Babies?
    dorie4316@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You can go to calvinslove.com and that gives you the option to donate online or send a check to the PO box. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  3. I read your story this morning stuffed inside a baby bible in a janitor closet this morning. I was amazed and inspired. God bless you both and I pray this ministry would be fruitful. Calvin is blessed to have you as parents. Thank you for your boldness and love for our Savior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess that bible was placed in the perfect spot then 😊

      Delete