Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Calvin's Tree

I can't believe it took me this long to share this story with you but I have been pretty busy with a new baby! Our baby girl is 3 months old...it's already flying by! I want to share with you how Calvin welcomed his new baby sister.

Back in the spring after Calvin was born, my parents planted a tree for him in the middle of their field at the house I grew up in. It's called a Happy Days Sweetgum tree. The name just makes me happy! Right now it's kind of small but I can't wait to see it grow over the years. I enjoy looking at it every time I pull into their drive way and watching it change with the seasons.

In the early summer, before Morley was born, my mom, James, and my grandma planted flowers around the base of his tree. I was surprised that they weren't blooming as the weeks went by but didn't really give it much thought, and what do I know about plants? Not much. Fast forward to July 1st, Morley Rae was born and it was the best day of our lives! This is off topic, but many people have been asking me how we chose the name. Morley is from a movie I saw back during my sophomore year of college called "Valentine's Day" and is also after my maiden name "More." Rae was picked because my husband, James, really liked the name "Ray" and I always said how this baby girl was such a ray of light during our time of grief. We decided to make it a little girly and went with the different spelling.

Back to my story...Our parents were at the hospital with us all day and didn't go home until late that night. The next day (July 2nd) my mom was walking across the field and when she passed Calvin's tree she was in awe. There it stood with a "Rae" of light shining through and ONE pink bloomed flower! None of the other flowers were even close to blooming. I get chills every time I think about it.  Thankfully she got pictures because you just can't make this stuff up. We know that it was Calvin's way of saying "Welcome, baby sister!" It made my heart so happy to know she was acknowledged. God is so real. I wish people focused more on Him. These things happen right in front of our eyes, we just have to look! God was with us when Calvin was born, and God was with us when Morley was born. He allowed my mom to see this for a reason. He knows how important it is for me to keep Calvin close to my heart until I'm reunited with him. The Lord has restored our hearts with this precious girl and she is blessed to be able to call Calvin her brother.



oh, and then a butterfly just flew and landed on the tree :)


3 months old- seeing her brothers tree for the first time!
Grandma :)


No comments:

Post a Comment